Piercee’s bill of rights
Originally drafted by the Association of Professional Piercers, the “Piercee’s Bill of Rights” defines what every piercing client should be able to expect from a quality studio. It reads,
EVERY PERSON BEING PIERCED HAS THE RIGHT:
1.To be pierced in a hygienic environment by a clean, conscientious, sober piercer wearing a fresh pair of disposable medical examination gloves.
2.To be pierced with a brand new, completely sterilized single-use needle that is immediately disposed of in a medical Sharps container after use on one piercing.
3.To be touched only with freshly sterilized and appropriate implements, properly used and disposed of or re-sterilized (where appropriate) in an autoclave prior to use on anyone else.
4.To know that piercing guns are NEVER appropriate, and are often dangerous when used on anything — including earlobes.
5.To the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their piercer knows and practices the very highest standards of sterilization and hygiene.
6.To have a knowledgeable piercer evaluate and discuss appropriate piercings and jewelry for her/his individual anatomy and lifestyle.
7.To be fully informed of all risks and possible complications involved in his/her piercing choice before making any decisions.
8.To seek and receive a second opinion either from another piercer within the studio or from another studio.
9.To have initial piercings fitted with jewelry of appropriate size, material, design, and construction to best promote healing. Gold-plated, gold-filled or sterling silver jewelry is never appropriate for any new or unhealed piercing
10.To see pictures, be given a tour of the piercing studio, and to have all questions fully and politely answered before making or following through on any decision.
11.To be fully informed about proper aftercare, both verbally and in writing, and to have continuing access to the piercer for assistance throughout the healing process.
12.To be treated with respect, sensitivity and knowledge regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, health status or piercing choice.
13.To change her/his mind, halt the procedure and leave at any point if the situation seems uncomfortable or improper.
Guys, listen up! This what you deserve when you go to get a piercing! You can call out piercers at any time if they do something you aren’t comfortable with.
So, read through this, and next time, make sure you get all of this!
86 Notes/ Hide
- paigehyperbole likes this
- aldair2780 likes this
- wynneisms reblogged this from beautifully-modified-grrrls
- niaxnia reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- neverlandxmermaid likes this
- kittyskullsss likes this
- inkedsmiles reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- lostsins reblogged this from piercedandhooked
- zombie-happy-meal reblogged this from piercedandhooked
- p-i-ka-c-h-u reblogged this from piercedandhooked
- tri-forc3 reblogged this from piercedandhooked and added:
- piercedandhooked reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- piercedandhooked likes this
- sl4yp00n reblogged this from canadianfairy
- hippocampsandcerberus reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- canadianfairy reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- chicapea reblogged this from issuper
- chicapea likes this
- ebilelfietech reblogged this from beautifully-modified-grrrls
- beautifully-modified-grrrls reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- sleepyrhi likes this
- spookyookykitty reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- spockmycock likes this
- n0bodycarestho likes this
- failyr likes this
- cosashermosas likes this
- ragedance likes this
- halloween-spooks-n-ghouls likes this
- the-living-hieroglyphic reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- sin-drome reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- mintylove reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- okaysional likes this
- eakiffh likes this
- pachoulifish reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- fileyourcomplaint likes this
- soyaboy reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- communist-propaganda likes this
- supervermilion likes this
- i-lived-in-books reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- notmelissa reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- untempered--schism likes this
- complexobserver reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- raggedyprincess likes this
- sweetredvine likes this
- phylisityg likes this
- pattesdours likes this
- cardiotomy likes this
- the-robotwithhumanhair reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- audiodork reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- vulgrrrl reblogged this from awfulmodifications