Horror film recommendations required! Help!?
I love horror films. I’m sure many of you do too!
As I’m leaving for university soon, I want to stock up on DVDs whilst I still have money, so, what ones should I go for?
I love all sub genres and am open to all recommendations! Plus, if any of you are ever stuck for ideas, this’ll help out!
Plus, I’ve got time on my paws and need things to watch in the next weeks!
81 Notes/ Hide
- bree3750 likes this
- zombeelady answered: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre..It’s my all time favorite movie! try and get the original though, it’s better then the remake :)
- huffleslutt answered: se7en, the fly (with jeff goldbloom), the amityville horror, the shining, the exorcist,
- bastiano-precioso answered: The Photographer, but the Chinese version. I can’t really remember the name. Look for it if you want.
- arcwings answered: Silent Hill
- mag0st answered: Grave Encounters is pretty good!
- asmileforchelsea answered: Låt den rätte komma in (Let the right one in) - Awesome Swedish Horror Film.
- happyidiot answered: NOT The Apparition. I thought it was boring, dreadful, pointless, and not at all scary.
- screamingpears answered: Classic: The Exorcist, Hide and Seek, etc… But more recent films like 1408, The Descent, and Mirrors are great as well!
- yvckybvnny answered: The Woman is terrifying! I also thought that Meloncholia and Antichrist were scary but in a very different kind of way.
- princessvittoria answered: Autopsy is good, as are both of the REC films.
- carolingianempire answered: Candyman.
- whattheworldisreallylike likes this
- maiinespeak answered: Case 39
- midwestchopper answered: May. It’s absolutely terrifying and part dolls, part crazy chick, and part slasher.
- ellemadhatter answered: Hills have Eyes
- ireallyshouldnthave answered: exorcismus, its british, but good, might be spelled wrong
- americasmosthaunted said: Slumber Party Massacre 2
- artimusartimus answered: tokyo gore police, jaws, suspiria, maniac cop, hell raiser, the exorcist, phenomena, event horizon
- iwannahearyourheartstop answered: orphan
- marijuanadelrey said: Martyrs is a good one. It’s really really messed up and not for the faint of heart, but it got me thinking and it freaked me out.
- wildxhaunter likes this
- aggrobitch answered: Noroi: The Curse is pretty good! Oh! I really wanna watch Martyrs >__< 30 Days of Night. The Final Destination franchise is pretty hilarious.
- hikiomori answered: Diary of the dead is my all time favorite. Cabin fever 2 is great if you like “Oh god no” levels of gore.
- ziahhhco answered: It’s not so much of a horror movie as a thriller gore movie. “The Final” about the revenge of the outcasts.
- death-is-defeated answered: get the alfred hitchcock collection!
- kitchencheckerboard answered: Audition, and then this one’s not totally horror, but I do suggest Delicatessen (this one’s only in French; so if you don’t mind subtitles).
- cthulhupeelz answered: Audition & Dumplings. Two of my favorite Asian horror movies. :D
- c-lutcher likes this
- murderoussloth answered: My favorite movie of all time is Reanimator. A must-watch.
- allisondotmarie answered: The Bleeding. It’s kind of B-rated movie, but still a nice movie.
- boredwitcha answered: If you want something ridiculous and gory, go with some Troma movies. I recently watched The Cabin in the Woods, it was pretty good.
- what-endless-longing answered: Martyrs! An amazing French horror/psycological film!
- prolixs answered: REC, last house on the left
- keepyourchinupsailor answered: The Orphan!!
- appetite4consumption likes this
- red-fairy likes this
- raptorcock answered: anything by guillermo del toro. srsly. also bug (2006) and creep.
- liquidnitrogenteethplay answered: Oooh! You should watch “Martyrs”.
- drug-st0re likes this
- mikainmybedkgo answered: 7 Days
- witchdaddy likes this
- akatsukis-skivvy answered: The decent :3
- speakwrestlerandenter answered: Session 9, Inside, Attack the Block, Dead Ringers, Return of the Living Dead
- slayervenus likes this
- cutesedusa answered: Evil Dead!
- koutetsuhime likes this
- lesbian-supreme answered: The Wicker Man- the original, not the Nic Cage ver.
- koutetsuhime answered: How has no one said Phantasm and Hellraiser yet?! Def required classics. Cold Prey, Rubber, Dead Snow, Gantz. I need to buy all these too XD
- withwordsicouldnotspeak likes this