Q:To the person about the blooddrive: That is a horrible misconception! It's not within the last year! The guideline is if it's healed. Talk to the head of someone at the redcross near you and tell them about this. Volunteers have been spreading this "info" for years. My cousin was called and asked to give blood, when she informed them that she had a tattoo about 5 months back, the lady got very upset and said that volunteers are giving out wrongful information, she gave blood the next day.
I’ve also been allowed to donate blood to non-red-cross people (blood alliance of Savannah GA) even with a piercing in the last 6 months. Hell, my smilie piercing healed within about a month and I gave blood like a month and a half after getting it done.
Mostly what bothered me about that is that they think claire’s is better than a reputable piercing studio…
18 Notes/ Hide
- goaheadandmakeyourself likes this
- gobbldygook likes this
- onceupon-aneverafter likes this
- graveyardglaglaglamour said: …at the school blood drives they give you a parent permission form to fill out that says you can’t give blood if you’ve gotten a piercing or tattoo in the last year. I got rejected because I had stretched my ears 6 months before.
- dustypilllowsofdoom likes this
- breezytoska said: I know self piercing and tattooing can disqualify you however, depending where you donate
- higher-pl4ces said: The Canadian Blood association has it in their guidelines :/
- thebananafish707 said: I gave blood at Blood Center of the Pacific last week and they still had a question about tattoos/piercing in the last year. If I had any though, they’d probably ask you cuz it’s not a immediate dismissal.
- alixbydesign said: When I talked to red cross, they told me I could donate because all shops had been Blood Bourne Pathogen certified in my state (Minnesota) so I was good to go! Makes me so happy to know I can donate WOO!
- vernicqs likes this
- sherly-fucking-nomates likes this
- mommalikey likes this
- blackcatblackclothes likes this
- judyfuckingjetson likes this
- ahmerde said: That too. I hated that so much, I just ignored that fact -_-
- awfulmodifications posted this