Acrylic horror story
I am submitting myself unfortunately.
My blowout and swollen lobe is the result of wearing acrylic plugs for three days in a row. I used to think I knew alot about stretching until the day this happened. My ears had been quite itchy but I ignored it. One night I decided to remove my plugs and massage my lobes with e-oil, once I was finished I realized that my lobes were angry, red, itchy,swollen and hard to the touch and I didn’t understand why. I kept the plugs out for two days and my ears shrunk from a 1/2 to a 4g. I was so depressed. I did my research and found that acrylic plugs are actual toxic and release cancer causing toxins into your body. Yikes! I babied my ears for months with sea salt soaks and multiple E-oil massages to flatten the blowout (which was mostly swelling in the beginning) My blowouts are gone now and I am slowly going back up to my new goal 9/16ths! Now as a result of this Ive been warning others about acrylic when I can and I am way more aware of the materials that I put in my ears and which plugs are meant for extended wear and which aren’t.
Blowouts do not magically happen with the wearing of a certain pair of plugs. They are the result of improper stretching over a long period of time. -Kat
11 Notes/ Hide
- leewahh reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- vomitchild reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- trippin4daze likes this
- trippingoverthings reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- ufo-club likes this
- kitsonpaws said: Maybe they had an allergic reaction to the material as well?
- little-coyote likes this
- kingfuzzy likes this
- knittedredpanda reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- caltura submitted this to awfulmodifications