When I was twelve, I got a helix (or what the girls at my school call it, a cartilage) piercing. This was before I had ANY knowledge of piercings, so I thought of the first place I knew that did piercings, Claire’s. So I sat down in the chair, my mom filled out the forms, then the girl pulled out a piercing gun. She cleaned my left ear, marked it then shoved a blunt metal object through my ear cartilage. It was a burning pain. I cleaned it with the bottle of “cleaning” liquid. I took good care of it but the jewelry was too short, and I’m pretty sure it got infected. Pus, crusties, blood,it was very icky. It hurt as well. Since we didn’t have any other jewelry, we put a safety pin in the piercing. A safety pin. I ended up taking it out and letting it heal over, and still have a black spot where the piercing was. Now it’s completely healed over, and I have a happy industrial, 16g and 10g lobe piercings.
Moral of my story?
Don’t get any piercings at Claire’s or with a piercing gun.
15 Notes/ Hide
- heartsplash likes this
- snotgirl likes this
- finchmandala said: Some of the comments on this, man… Not that I’m sticking up for that awful company, but they have an age limit for cartilage piercings at Claire’s. I doubt the authenticity of the story for the age reason alone.
- t-virusvaccine reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- queenofhorror87 said: I had the same Claires problem back in the day too, 2 I had to take out cuz they swelled over the jewelry in the front and another one was getting a bump on the back so I took it out and let them heal up :[ never again, guns are horrible!!!
- youmustbenedstarksbastard reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- cuddlepunch said: I got my ears pierced at Claire’s and they turned out completely fine.
- endomorphusagi likes this
- natalieefcarr likes this
- connectionstostrangers likes this
- girl-magnet likes this
- embryonicgirl likes this
- ohgatesofbabylon likes this
- taniasugarzombie likes this
- hxppy-ness submitted this to awfulmodifications