you’re all a bunch of whining sissys
MOD: So I know this says it was submitted by “hayleykuchen”, which is me, but it just changed it to that because I added all that stuff at the bottom. Don’t send me hate mail, I didn’t submit this. xD I’m still trying to figure out Tumblr.
SUBMITTER COMMENT: Why is everyone so concerned with what other people do to THEIR bodies.. You learn from DOING.. some people make mistakes n some are just plain shocking decisions (in our OPINIONS) but hey why waste OUR time and energy bitching about it. I saw one tattoo put up done by a 17 year old to her mother n damn, that would be one proud mother and at least it meant something.. it also looked pretty dam GOOD and some jealous facebook ‘friend’ puts it on here and belittles her for it.. geese all this whining about unsanitary conditions.. get over it! PLENTY OF tats get infected due to bad aftercare… Ones done by pros! U really think if a tat gets done with clean needles n sterile gear with clean hands, gloves and disinfectant spray that will get aids because its an ‘unsterile environment’? What makes any of you an expert on these subjects.. Are you any better than them? For having a go at something?? well good on them… they have guts unlike the *****s on here.. And its JEWELLERY .. Not jewelry as I see day in, day out by you know it all judgemental retards
So, uh, yeah. Not really sure where to begin.
1. There are plenty of intelligent people in the world who don’t need to learn by “doing.” They learn by researching before they do something. You don’t need to try to practice surgery on yourself to know that it’s not safe. The point of this blog is to show people what happens when you practice unsafe body modification. Anyone can say “Oh, don’t do that, it’s bad”, but if you can actually show someone the potential results, they’ll probably be taking more away from the discussion. We also provide sound advice to anyone who wants it. We aren’t a one trick pony.
2. Do you really think that anything done in a home can be considered “sterile”? Just because you order something on eBay and it comes in a pretty little package does not mean it’s even remotely clean. To ensure something is sterile, you need an autoclave, etc. Period. Dunno when the last time you saw someone with an autoclave in their home was, but okay. And even if they had access to equipment that came to them sterile, they don’t know proper aseptic technique. If you take something sterile, open it, and dump it on a paper towel, it is no longer clean. If you put gloves on, you are not automatically immune to germs. These are the things you learn when you become a professional (or have common sense).
3. We post modifications done by professionals all the time. We fully endorse that not all piercers/tattoo artists are created equal. We have stories about bad aftercare practices all the time, and we give aftercare advice to prevent them. Learn yer shit.
4. If having my body modifications done in a clean environment by a licensed, experienced professional (and providing the same to other people) makes me a “sissy”, you need to rethink what you associate with body modification. This is not a brutal badass competition.
49 Notes/ Hide
- swiftasacoursingriversong likes this
- chibimoyashirainbow reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- knitsybitsyspider likes this
- chanceofanxiety reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- autumn-apocalypse likes this
- minana-banana reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- sashaeatsbrains likes this
- goshdiddlydingdangdarnit reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- thewaywardfox likes this
- nerdymouse likes this
- exp3ctopatr0num likes this
- indigoentity likes this
- l10n37 likes this
- kheykhawtschtuff reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- wehavedonetheimpossible reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- the-art-pimpette reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- the-art-pimpette likes this
- immortalbuttercup likes this
- immortalbuttercup said:One note: it is spelt jewellery Not jewelry in th u.k.
- maddiekatt likes this
- taconacho said:wow whoever wrote this is fucking stupid. I really hope someday they’ll be too cocky and decide to perform surgery on themselves and fuck up pretty bad
- commonwoodscrews said:also why aren’t they looking at bmezine?? that website is amazing and discusses the pros and cons of the DIY culture….
- withalookofquoi said:What kind of half-brained idiot sends stuff like this? My brain hurts now.
- zedruu likes this
- maet reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- infinity-n-beyonce said:hahahaha jewellery.
- mychem-b reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- ohstephyy likes this
- emyrosa likes this
- chosen-pessimist likes this
- blackbombazine likes this
- rudely likes this
- sossidge likes this
- grannydiner likes this
- goodnessandtruth likes this
- finchmandala said:Fucking stop calling tattoos “tats”, people!
- sebabug likes this
- scoobydooending reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- latamalera likes this
- daughter-of-raistlin likes this
- i-lost-my-mind-when-i likes this
- sambrero likes this
- estabaum submitted this to awfulmodifications