My own septum horror.
So, I was only 14 and desperately wanted another piercing to accompany my two lip piercings (that were done at a great shop in the UK) but my parents wouldn’t let me, so what did I decide to do? I decided that when I went on holiday, I would go off on my own and get my septum pierced, yes!
No… The first place I went to looked very clean, everything was in sterile packaging and that would’ve been the perfect place to get it, but no, they wanted to see ID… So where did I go? Down a backstreet alley tattoo parlour… I said I was 16, the guy didn’t even ask for ID or anything, he took me through the grotty looking shop, past people getting awful tattoos (without gloves!) and he sat me on a broken office chair. He pulled out a plastic box full of bare needles, not even wrapped! After realising he didn’t have any septum jewellery he proceeded to take a GINORMOUS keeper out of the dirty display case (no way was I going to be able to flip that up) and dropped it into a cup of water to ‘sterilise’ it.
He sat on the desk next to me and what I didn’t realise at the time, now having over 30 piercings, he pierced it SO SLOWLY, I was in absolute agony. He was wearing gloves but whether they were clean or not is a different story. When the needle was finally through he reached into his pocket for a small tub of Vaseline, dipped the keeper in it and shoved it through my nose. He said if I can’t flip it later, he would change it for me for free.
A few hours later when I realised ‘damn, this won’t hide!’ I went back to him, he then proceeded to say he had no jewellery and asked if I had a ring I could put in… Oh joy, I had a ball closure ring in my pocket! Like the keeper, he dropped it in water, opened it a bit wider and rammed it through the fresh wound in my nose. I cried so hard because of the insane amounts of pain.
I was SO lucky not to get an infection and a few years later actually have a happy, healed septum. And the best ending to this story, next time I went to my proper (amazing) piercer back home, I told her the horror story and I have no idea what she did but the guy lost his licence and now works in Tesco!
19 Notes/ Hide
- nocturnal-heart reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- nocturnal-heart likes this
- five-eight-six likes this
- sunchildmoonbaby likes this
- foreverquietnights likes this
- headache-grey likes this
- itsallaluciddream reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- itsallaluciddream likes this
- ssomethingcompletelydifferent likes this
- thatkidlingo likes this
- diey0ung-saveyourself likes this
- imthegingerbreadman likes this
- sassychickennugget likes this
- livingxdeadxdoll reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- livingxdeadxdoll likes this
- pinkthatfuckingpink likes this
- therealmadoperator likes this
- thatsquirrellooksfamiliar likes this
- doctor-megalomania likes this
- Bekii. submitted this to awfulmodifications