SUBMITTER’S COMMENT: I just thought I would submit myself. This is a picture I took of my scaffold/industrial piercing right before I took it out.
WHAT’S AWFUL: Well one side is clearly rejecting, which is why I took it out. It felt like the skin would break easily. I suspect the reason for that happening might be because I have little to no cartilage on that side of my ear (my ears are VERY small). I don’t know if my ears were unfit for this particular piercing (in which, the piercer should have probably warned me) or they just got the placement a bit wrong. Either way it’s a bad piercing. It’s not as bad-looking as some of the submissions on here. But I suppose I just wanted people to be aware that even if something doesn’t look gory, it can still be a bad mod.
My boyfriend’s friend had told me that this place was very good, that he’d had all his piercings done there and none of them got infected or anything. He has a lot of piercings, so I thought it would be ok.
They also had a deal on, ‘Any piercing for £10’ and I thought that was great! But there is usually a reason why something is cheap. I should have thought about that. Also I think this place may have been an academy, hence the cheap prices.
HOW IT CAN BE FIXED: Take it out. Research the piercing shop next time. Remember kids, if something is cheap it’s probably shitty quality!
Just from looking at the picture (which isn’t a guarantee, obviously), it looks like you could possibly have sufficient anatomy for this piercing, if placed differently. It was a really poor placement choice.
11 Notes/ Hide
- jenellcd likes this
- tumbledownhaven likes this
- whattheworldisreallylike reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- whattheworldisreallylike likes this
- kay-the-strange likes this
- jai-liftingweight likes this
- fuckindisgustin reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- markdeletedballs likes this
- ihaveahen likes this
- itsallaluciddream likes this
- amandacarnella said: not rejecting, just pierced incorrectly. I had the exact same issue with mine.
- thereal-samshady likes this
- two-toed-sloth-queen submitted this to awfulmodifications