SUBMITTER COMMENT: So I’ve seen some posts about people related to/knowing a hairdresser who claims to be a licensed piercer and, while we all know this can’t possibly be true I wanted to offer a little bit of information on where it comes from for those who don’t know.
I am a hairdresser, I have a coworker who claims to be a licensed piercer. When he was in beauty school a guy came to the school selling piercing gun kits and teaching people how to “properly” use them. After some “Here’s how you wipe this down” and the like they did some test piercings, were told they were now trained professionals and were set free to pierce the heck out of each other and other students.
Because of this lovely day in beauty school my friend is now convinced he can pierce just about anything safely and at least as well as any piercer working out of a real shop. He tried to insist he could do my nose piercing and should be the one to do it, sadly the bad information he gained in school lead him to not believing the correct information I offered him as to why I wouldn’t let him near me with that evil gun.
So for those of you out there who weren’t aware why some hair dressers think they are or claim to be professional piercers, its because they’re being told they are after taking a short sales based course from a piercing gun salesmen. Try not to hate on these people too much, they’re victims of misinformation and should be reeducated, nicely.
15 Notes/ Hide
- spudspudspudpotato likes this
- woodlandist likes this
- mspurji reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- mspurji likes this
- itsallaluciddream likes this
- king-of-the-deathless-soul reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- livingxdeadxdoll reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- livingxdeadxdoll likes this
- jawsofashark likes this
- yesseloe likes this
- skadesdatter reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- thisisbitch likes this
- damnedwhoresandgodspolice likes this
- zydratexanatomy reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- philosophical-panda likes this
- greydraconem submitted this to awfulmodifications