Submitter comment: When I was 14, I witnessed one girl from my school piercing another girl’s ear with a thumbtack. To make matters worse, this occurred in the restroom of a local public swimming pool.
What’s awful: what isn’t?? Thumbtack aside, if you’re looking for a sterile environment, a damp mouldy pool restroom is not it.
How it can be fixed: well, I’m fairly sure said girl removed the piercing and got it done by a professional. By some miracle, there was no associated infection. Just don’t do it kids!