Q:I've found that a lot of health care practitioners (at least in my area) are extremely judgmental. I have visited one in the past for an extremely infected piercing and was treated like absolute shit. The doctor was condescending, rough and very rude about people with mods. Although they usually do know best, I find they jump to, "Take it out, take these meds and never get another piercing." Again, this has been my experience in my area.. I wish they were more open minded.
Yeah. They can be really really shitty. Lucky for me, my last doctor (before we had to switch for whatever reason) was super mod-positive and had a few tattoos herself. She was great and fielded all of my mom’s questions well. My dentist is great about it too.
However, I do understand lots of people have shitty experiences with doctors, but your piercer can’t give you antibiotics or officially medically diagnose you with anything. As long as you can get the medicine. And while we’re on that note, you guys, if you end up needing antibiotics, always always always finish the entire round. Always. Even if you think you don’t need to.
7 Notes/ Hide
- i-love-alice-coopers-america likes this
- kittensandcoffeee likes this
- creep1n-1t-real likes this
- taconacho said: urrh this so much :( my dentist is such an asshole about any kinds of mods!! Whenever I got my tongue pierced, he said I was just going to end up with brain damage or something! So rude too!!
- sai1or-s4turn likes this
- awfulmodifications posted this