Submitter Comment: I wore these for about 2 weeks in 2011. It was almost a year before my lobes were healthy enough to stretch again, and even now I’m only able to stretch about a mm per year. I can still feel the difference between the piercing that had the bottom plug (exposed to mystery metal) and the one with the top plug (only exposed to mystery coating).
What’s Awful: Flaking coating over mystery metal, a significant scratch on a wearable surface, poor finish on the one that didn’t flake, and a visible seam and filler hole mark. The bottom one broke within about a week of buying it.
How it can be avoided: Learn which materials, styles, shops and companies are acceptable and don’t buy jewelry if you don’t know that it’s good quality. If you do end up wearing something like this, remove it as soon as you notice problems and seek advice from a reputable piercer.
6 Notes/ Hide
- hellothisisreality likes this
- wickedmansblues said:Spencer’s sells these if I’m not mistaken. Everyone has been focusing on Hot Topic but Spencers is just as guilty
- cuttiesfromtheanchor likes this
- kramerica2 reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- crystal-clit likes this
- ayamccabre submitted this to awfulmodifications