Q:Do you know what someone has to go through to become a scarification professional? Someone tried to tell me that they don't need to be trained, but I know they're stupid. I know there's obviously training I just can't find any info to back it up. Do they need a licence?
I’m not sure on if they need a license or not, but I’d say you definitely need to be trained by someone who knows what they’re doing (aka a real professional) before/while going into it. I mean…I wouldn’t just let an untrained person cut into, remove, or burn my flesh… O_O
Anybody else have more info (preferably those in the body modification field)? Send it here (not in our ask box).
13 Notes/ Hide
- gryffindorplaya likes this
- huntedandalone likes this
- aleks-the-beater reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- creep1n-1t-real likes this
- kyleezee likes this
- outlawlawman said:Actually in the U.S. There is no licensing for scarring. Most places it is honestly illegal. Though how someone can tell you what to do with your own body should be illegal too. To be safe, do your research. Ask other professional artists ect…
- leobserver likes this
- vampyrdame said:And yes they need to be licensed. Legally. It’s taboo though and most professional/experienced body piercers DO do it. Don’t trust just anyone with a scalpel though!
- thr33-ch33rs-4-throwing-up likes this
- kittensareimportant said:legally they dont need any training (im in aus though so america is probably different) but they do need to have an autoclave or atleast autoclave their tools. its usually just a master/apprentice type thing with training passed down that way.
- the-dope-sh0w likes this
- ohheytayla likes this
- awfulmodifications posted this