Jewelry for winter?
We got an ask in the form of fanmail (which is not where questions go) saying the following:
I would almost 100% advise against wearing metal, especially eyelets, in the winter. Even something like glass would be slightly better. If you have to wear eyelets, I suggest you get a good hat that covers your lobes up, earmuffs, or these little lobe warmers might do the trick, though I haven’t tested them myself. Frostbite is a risk. Wood and silicone will change temperature slower than metal, but if you’re outside for long periods of time (or outside at all, depending on the temp), I’d cover those lobes anyway.
33 Notes/ Hide
- abakkus likes this
- bevansxiii reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- be-just-and-fear-not likes this
- tooghoul4school likes this
- gryffindorplaya likes this
- huntedandalone likes this
- radicalmayree likes this
- jakerzzzz likes this
- creep1n-1t-real likes this
- fuckindisgustin reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- sheonlywantsmyblood reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- pugzlee likes this
- ruthlessbabeh likes this
- samanthasick reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- johnvoneichel reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- hipsturtle likes this
- airplanesintheocean likes this
- leobserver likes this
- release-thekitties likes this
- paulbrautigam likes this
- rainbow-love-serum likes this
- rottingcause likes this
- toxipop reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- devilsdope said:When I go hunting, I pull my hat over my ears and stick a hand warmer on each ear, keeps them lovely and I switch ears every half hour or so.. Just a thought if you’re gonna be out for a super long time
- dangercraft said:I usually go with silicone, and switch my jojoba oil for an unscented lotion since my skin dries out so badly. I also am bound to long flapped hats from October to April since winters are so harsh in South Dakota.
- pvrishilton reblogged this from awfulmodifications
- spontaneitee likes this
- elliesnor likes this
- glammbot said:Oo yeah, cold lobeys are the worst. Don’t risk any injury to them if you can prevent it in this weather.
- thr33-ch33rs-4-throwing-up likes this
- symbiotesneversmile likes this
- rocky-ruin said:I wear silicone in colder months. New England is really fucking cold sometimes.
- awfulmodifications posted this