Rules and Terms of Submission
You can submit at the bottom of the page.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED THESE TERMS OF SUBMISSION BEFORE ACCEPTING.
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOUR SUBMISSION BEING DELETED.
THESE RULES EXIST TO PROTECT THE SUBJECTS OF SUBMISSION, KEEP OUR BLOG CONSISTENT AND KEEP EVERYTHING ENJOYABLE!
- All submissions must be sourced to the original photo’s URL. NOT A FACEBOOK/TUMBLR PAGE! The subjects of the submission have the right to remain as anonymous as possible.
- Submissions with: Racist, Ableist, Homophobic, sexist or excessive bad language will be immediately deleted.
- Hating someone is not an excuse to submit.
- If you encourage followers to ‘flame’ or send anon hate to a fellow Tumblr user, it will be immediately deleted and you will be blocked from submitting to Awful Modifications.
How to source using an image URL
- If you’re using Chrome, Firefox or Safari: Right click on your desired image, select ‘Copy Image URL’ and then paste.
- If you’re using Internet Explorer: Right click on the desired image, select ‘Properties’ and then copy the image URL.
- Source the image to it’s original URL So it looks like this: (SOURCE)
- Write: SUBMITTER’S COMMENT: Here you can explain the preface to your submission. What context needs adding, and is there anything you can add to make the submission make more sense? Is there a background to the photo?
- Write: WHAT’S AWFUL: Here you can explain why the modification in the submission is awful. Explain what’s made it awful, if you have that information. Anything you know that explains why it is actually awful.
- Write: HOW IT CAN BE FIXED: Here, explain what could be done to fix the modification. Perhaps include a photo of a well-done version. IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A TATTOO, LEAVE STEP FOUR.
Use the same steps as above, but you don’t need to source, unless it’s a block of text from a website or it’s not your own work. If it’s an experience of a piercing shop or similar, explain where it happened and under what context.
If you are submitting a print-screen of a conversation from Facebook, IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE SOURCED.
- ALL NAMES MUST BE BLANKED OUT. FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN DELETION
- Follow the submission rules above.
WHAT NOT TO SUBMIT, WE’VE SEEN IT BEFORE, DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!
- The nipple piercing with a winged barbell. We’ve spoken to the owner, and the story behind it, warrants it not being an awful modification.
- Synyster Ink.
- Small tapers through small ears.
- Screws in ears. Unless you’re sure it’s an actual screw/nail and not a fake, don’t submit.
- Black and white image of someone smoking through a stretched ear. Seen it before too!
- The photo of the guy with two stretched ears, a septum piercing and tattoos. You know the one we’re talking about.